02:37

Tokyo Midtown

It is true, it is always best to start close to home. Thanks to Corporate America, we are lucky enough to live in a great area. I have been told that some celebrities live close by, but they should have no fear - I have no idea who the are :( . I like Tokyo Midtown because it is easy to find your way around. Think of it like training wheels for what awaits you in Roppongi Hills. Midtown is a great and easy meeting place for an afternoon outing. You have Starbucks, food court, dessert/coffee places, sit down restaurants, Billboard events, the Ritz Carlton lounge, exhibits, a beautiful park, and very expensive shops all located in the same area. I would personally have my magic card or credit card in a safe place before going there - returns are much harder to explain in a foreign language. I have have not yet learn how to say, "I have to return this because the price of this item can feed a small country" in japanese :).


If you are not the shopping type, Midtown has a soft spot for you too. After living here for a bit, you learn that Midtown pretty much loves everything. It loves summer, winter, sky, even curry. This is not my deductive power at work, they actually have signs that say - Midtown Loves____. They always have some activity going on. For example , during summer, they have an outdoor cafe, nightly waterworks, and soon a German beer festival that I am so ready to attend. They also promote restaurants - I thinks that is why they love curry.


Just when you think you are bored of Midtown- you can always cook! ABC cooking school is a nice way to get out, talk to people, and learn something new. You can be a dedicated cook and take a cooking, cake, or bread course or you can just take a class for the day and learn a full course menu. The course will require registration but for the full course menu, you just have to show up for the day (they teach sushi). No japanese - no problem! They have english class for the day class and english speaking teachers for the course- you just have to be persistent.


If you are still not hooked and you are a dog loving person, then you can also rejoice because they have a doggy store with grooming services and even a doggy hotel! Since I love dogs and I cannot have one, I just go there to interact with other people's pets. It sound sad, but that is what most people do. I guess I just join the sadness :).


Midtown is like comfort food - Nice! They even have tours and people everywhere ready to assist you. If you ever want to know what is happening that day, they have a calendar posted by Koots Green Tea on the 1st basement. And to top if all off, it has underground access to the Hybia line an Oedo line - just get off at Roppongi station!


See you soon!

Ivy - T2

1 comments:

MelindaRD said...

Very awesome. Glad you have started a blog to share your adventure. I have done the same. I look forward to seeing all the cool stuff you are doing over there. Hope you are having a good time.

Post a Comment